Full/Part Time, Male and Female Qualified and Experienced Ayurvedic Doctors
Full Time 40 working hours, Part Time working 20 hours.
The successful applicant(s) will have expert Ayurvedic knowledge and be expected to deliver accurate consultations, supervise all therapies, and carry out related supervisory and management tasks.
Qualifications & Experience
The Vaidyar must:
1. Be a fully qualified in Ayurveda with a degree in bachelor of Ayurveda medicine & surgery (BAMS). With at least three years of active clinical experience and Yoga, Meditation etc.
2. Have practiced & trained with a reputable treatment centre, be conversant in Vatha, Pitha & Kapha principles and carry out satisfactory consultations and discover the root cause of pain, physical and mental imbalances.
3. Must be willing to work with client’s primary care physician so as to provide a more suitable course of treatments and advice.
4. Be able to perform hands on Panchakarma, do massages and manipulations to, relieve the discomfort and restore the irregularities and provide after care advice, be actively seeking to Repair, Relax, and Rejuvenate so as to rebalance the body, mind and soul.
5. Have other complementary therapy experience such as Natural Beauty Therapies and be able to provide advice to customers on health wellbeing and the use of natural products.
6. Be able to deliver theoretical aspects of Ayurveda such as Tridosha theory etc. in form of seminars, zoom meetings and be active in conducting on-going research into all aspects of Ayurveda, be ready to participate in courses, events, presentations and meetings.
7. Be able to recognise clients with challenging rehabilitation issues such as patients with addictive behaviours, post-traumatic stress disorder, grief, depression, stress, eating disorders, trauma, relational conflicts, anxiety and other mental health issues ranging from mild to severe and recommend therapies that will assist them to respond more effectively.
8. Have lifestyle advice knowledge, be able to prepare the various oils & herbs for massages & supervise their use by therapists, have knowledge of diets and be able to give advice on suitable natural and wholesome diet for the ail known ailments as well as to prevent illness.
9. Have good language and communication skills, be fluent in English, knowledge of other languages will be an added advantage.
10. Be able to supervise and manage therapy staff, ensuring training in hygiene, health and safety are up to date, have regular meetings to discuss therapies and techniques, and ensuring all incidents are correctly reported and recorded.
11. Have the ability to manage and perform clerical duties associated with practice management, manage the staff at reception, the booking system, the cashing, recording and banking procedures and report to management on the finances, observe meet and greet procedures and procedures for dangerous diseases.
12. Manage the routine facilities of the establishment such as safety, security and utilities.
13. Contribute to the advertising and promotion of the establishment.
14. Be computer literate, be well organised, punctual and trustworthy.
Any other related qualifications will be an advantage.
Full/Part Time, Male & Female Ayurveda Therapists
The successful applicant(s) with the help of the Ayurvedic Doctor will be:
1. Managing clients/patients with challenging rehabilitation issues such as clients with addictive behaviours, post-traumatic stress disorder, grief, depression, stress, eating disorders, trauma, relational conflicts, anxiety, and other mental health issues ranging from mild to severe and recommend appropriate Ayurvedic therapies that will assist them to respond more effectively.
2. Using classical Ayurveda for the promotion of health by diagnosing and differentiating diseases/disorders according to Ayurvedic principles and techniques, and formulating appropriate Ayurvedic treatment plans
3. Using knowledge and skills relating to scientific use of medicines and applying therapeutic measures for maintenance of health and alleviation of disease.
4. Developing specific treatment plans based on the individual signs and symptoms of the client.
5. Giving nutritional, dietary and preventive medicine advice in terms of Ayurveda.
6. Reviewing and monitoring the health of the clients and modify treatment accordingly.
7. Independently research technical knowledge about diseases of clients;
8. Create a database of clinical experience and research and share this information with other health care providers.
9. Compare the merits and demerits of contemporary health-care system so as to improve knowledge and
10. Be prepared to participate in courses, events, presentations and meetings and help out with other chores in the garden and kitchen.
We are looking for qualified (degree or diploma in Ayurveda and Panchakarma) and skilled Panchakarma/Ayurveda therapists with experience in Pizhichil, Njavarakizhi, Shirodhara, Abhyagam, Udvarthanam, other Panchakarmas and other ayurvedic clinical procedures and examinations as well as Spa and Beauty Therapies.
Therapists applying from abroad must present IELTS certificate appropriate for the position. Ability to communicate in other languages will be an advantage.
Therapists are expected to meet and greet clients, work with Practitioners to discover the cause of pain, relieve discomfort, restore function and mobility and to correct irregularities in body structure; preparing items used for the treatments and massages, restocking, using ingredients such as herbs, oils and other natural materials/decoctions; ensuring treatment area and utensils are maintained at the required hygiene and safety standards; maintaining daily treatment records, training and supervising junior staff; preparing reports; assisting with reception work and ensuring that a good quality of service is offered to clients.
Therapists are expected to be mature, honest and are required to be attentive, caring, respectful, co-operative, responsible, work within legal and company policies and guidelines and accountable for takings of the clinic. They must be able to communicate comfortably, have a flexible approach and follow specific instructions.
Expected to look Fresh, Smart and Clean at all times and be punctual.
Full/Part Time, Male & Female Massage, Beauty Therapists & Sports Massage Therapists
1. The Centre offers Complementary and Alternative therapies popular with our younger western clients such as Aromatherapy, Hopi Candling, Hot Stone Massage, Reflexology, Swedish Massage, Sports Massage.
2. Therapeutic Yoga and Meditation – for the body and mind to achieve harmony.
3. Natural Beauty treatments such as facials, body scrubs, pedicure and manicure.
The candidates will report to the duty manager on a day to day basis. Candidates will receive training in ancient Ayurvedic therapies and modern holistic therapies for clients seeking the alternative and complimentary therapies to assist with modern day stress and strains.
Our programme requires the candidates to divide the job into 4 sections:
1. Reception, administration and booking management – students will be trained to answer the reception in a manner suitable for the site and type of clients, take bookings in a positive, pleasant and confidential manner, schedule the bookings correctly to available therapists, keeping timesheets, doing paperwork and following systems.
2. Use of various tools to promote and publicise our services.
3. Therapies – a programme of physical training on the various therapies we offer.
4. Cleaning and Tidying – an essential element of maintaining a spa for the public.
Candidates wishing to apply for the post must forward us their full CV detailing:
1. Work Experiences
2. Clarification of their career goals
3. Education to date
4. Appropriate current or future course and name of establishment.
5. Computer skills
6. Languages spoken
7. Other work experiences
8. 2 references
Reception and General Worker – School Leavers
Part-Time 9.30am to 4.30pm
- Keep Receptions tidy and clean
- Check clients in
- Confirm bookings
- Enter client details
Help with other general duties in:
Karma Centre Kitchen Assistant
Karma Centre is looking for a recruit to join them this summer. If you enjoy working with others, are ready to learn something new, roll up your sleeves, get stuck in and have some fun – we might have your next part-time job waiting for you. We are looking for people who like to work as part of a team and comfortable to work in a busy environment.
As a kitchen team member, you will be responsible for the smooth, safe and hygienic running of the pot wash and kitchen prep area, ensuring that our cutlery and crockery are in pristine condition for our guests and assist the chefs in the day to day running of the kitchen. We have small café serving set meals and grills.
We are looking for a team member to follow the procedures for minimal wastage throughout the kitchen, maintain the correct procedures for stock control and monitoring according to policy and assist with deliveries into the kitchen as required.
To prepare menu items as per the chef’s requirements.
To assist with the preparation of general menu items as required by the Senior Chef.
Normal working hours are 10.00am to 1.00pm.
If you think you have what it takes to come and be part of our team, we’d love to hear from you.
This Centre offers
- Traditional Kerala Ayurvedic Treatments
- Pain Control Ayurvedic Treatments
- Dietary Advice
- Yoga & Meditation
- Spa Therapies
- Male and Female Beauty Therapies Yoga
- Tai Chi
- A taste of Singapore snacks